How to choose the right AC/DC LED ballast for your needs
Among the types of AC/DC LED drivers on the market we can distinguish:
- Constant voltage LED power supplies: LED drivers usually 12v or 24v, used to power LED bars or strips for which a high voltage level is not required;
- Constant current LED power supplies: LED drivers used to power spotlights or LED lamps, usually high-powered, which operate on a fixed, regulated current;
- Constant current and constant voltage power supplies for LEDs: combining both needs.
A single LED strip may only require a few watts, but an entire LED lighting system may require hundreds or more.
In addition, the type of application, connection and position of the LED driver must be assessed:
- LED drivers for indoor use: they have reduced dimensions and thickness to be easily installed in small spaces, with closed plastic or metal housing and IP degrees of protection ranging from IP20 to IP60;
- LED drivers for outdoor use: they must be able to be installed and operate in harsh environments (water, dust, etc.), and therefore have watertight enclosures and high IP ratings from IP60 upwards.
Finally, the possibility of dimming the LED system is provided by dimmable AC/DC LED drivers that allow the light of lamps, spotlights or LED strips to be controlled directly from the power supply.
Digimax's range of AC/DC LED drivers for indoor and outdoor applications
At Digimax we offer a wide selection of AC/DC LED power supplies from the world's leading manufacturers, such as Mean Well, Snappy and Eaglerise: a complete range of constant current or voltage LED drivers, with a wide range of input voltages and output voltages or currents.
The LED drivers offered by Digimax are able to satisfy any requirement in the field of LED Lighting: drivers with ON/OFF functionality or dimmable LED power supplies, which have a metal or plastic case and IP degrees of protection suitable for both indoor and outdoor environments.
In addition, the Digimax AC/DC LED driver range includes a selection of constant power LED power supplies equipped with PFC power factor correction systems, ensuring high efficiency and low power consumption of the LED driver.