Professional lighting: how to choose the most suitable LED strip
The choice of a professional lighting system using LED strips is often motivated by a number of advantages such as light efficiency, long life, easy installation, resistance to shock or vibration and maximum flexibility. In fact, each LED strip is configured with particular specifications:
- LED Strip Temperature (or color shade): value expressed in Kelvin degrees, ranging from warm white to natural white (2.700-4.500° K), up to cool white or ice white (5.700-170.000° K);
- Voltage: indicates the voltage from 12v or 24v, up to 230v LED strip, to be chosen according to the type of application and power supply unit or LED driver;
- LED/m: the amount of LEDs present in half a meter of the strip. This value affects the power, consumption and brightness of the entire LED strip;
- IP Protection Rating: identifies the suitability of a LED strip for outdoor use or for indoor use. Suitable degrees of protection for indoor applications are IP20 or IP33, while for outdoor use IP65 or IP67;
- PCB Width (or LED strip thickness): varies from 5mm to 15mm, and is a key piece of information for choosing between the most suitable Aluminum LED Strip profiles.
Digimax and Colors LED: LED strips for indoor and outdoor applications
Colors Strip LED distributed by Digimax are suitable for various types of interior, professional and domestic installations.
Digimax's range of LED strips includes a wide selection of colored RGB LED strips, multicolor RGBW LED strips, single color monochromatic LED strips, dim to warm or tunable white LED strips for varying light intensity and white tones.
In addition, thanks to its partnership with Colors LED, Digimax offers a range of eco-compatible LED strips that comply with EcoDesign regulations, to create cutting-edge LED lighting designs.