Industrial touch screen monitors with capacitive and resistive technology
A touch-screen display is a type of screen that allows the user to interact with the operating system using their fingers, without having to use physical buttons. In industrial environments, a touch screen monitor is essential for direct operator interaction with systems and machines.
The main types of touch screens are the resistive touch screen and the capacitive touch screen.
Resistive touch monitors are the simplest and most economical technology, made from two layers of plastic covered with a conductive material and separated by an additional insulating layer. By exerting pressure, electrical contact is generated with the layer underneath, allowing the coordinates of the contact point to be plotted.
Capacitive touch screens are more modern and innovative, with an outer glass surface crossed by a uniform electric field that varies with the contact of the user's fingers. Importantly, thanks to this technology multi-touch is possible.
In the industrial field, the touch screens are widely used in various manufacturing sectors and in the packaging, logistics, motion control and industrial automation markets.
The Digimax range of customisable industrial touch screens
Compared to normal consumer touch screens, industrial touch screen monitors must have additional features based on the different industrial applications:
- Greater resistance to impact and wear in hostile environments such as workshops, factories and outdoor spaces;
- Variable sizes for specific needs: 5, 10, 15, 22 or 24 inch touch screen monitors...;
- Capacitive or resistive touch technologies, for use in wet environments or with glove recognition;
- Adjustable brightness for indoor or outdoor use, high brightness touch screen from 800 to 2000 candelas;
- Vandal-proof and screen-printed display and cover lens glasses;
- USB, I2c and RS-232 touch interface for connection to specific hardware.
The wide range of latest-generation capacitive touch screens and multi-touch monitors distributed by Digimax can be fully customised according to the industrial and technical specifications required.